Thursday, April 8, 2010

Ivan Ives - Villain (Official Video)

Ivan Ives - "Villain" Album - "Newspeak" (available on itunes) Official Music Video. This was the first single off Ivan's highly-anticipated 2009 release, NEWSPEAK, which sold like hotcakes upon arrival. The video features a storyline of Ivan essentially "selling himself" through his music to a greater corporation/conglomerate that subdues him and rapes his integrity for everything that it is worth. Follow the story line to fully understand it. The "Newspeak" album features incredible guest appearances from The Cool Kids, Black Milk, Percee P, Oh No, 2Mex, Tre Hardson from the Pharcyde, Stacy Clark, Crash Boom Bang, and more. The 16-page full lyric booklet is available with hard copies of the album and a simplified version of the lyrics is available when you buy the album on itunes. This track was produced by Fresh The Hitman and DJ Duel laces the cuts. Ivan Ives self-directs and edits the video, with VFX help from Waken Media and Morgan Locke. Michael Norquest is the cinematographer. Ivan Ives on Myspace: www.myspace.com Ivan Ives on Twitter: twitter.com Ivan Ives on Facebook: www.facebook.com LYRICS: Newspeak! Well, I guess y'all thought I was the shit, cuz like a super nintendo, I got my 16 bit(stolen). But y'all can't even spit it like I can, God damn, at the club they be like, "my man, step right in, fuck the line" ... cuz this the best I been, I'm ahead of my time - I'm on top of my game like a mammal on the food chain, still alive and insane like Saddam Hussein ...



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaKIlkq3LhY&hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment